Re: Shell prompts (was Re: floppy permissions)

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 08:14:27PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 04:07:38PM -0500, will trillich (will@serensoft.com) wrote:
> > here's my iteration on top of your stuff, and <flameproof suit at hand> please
> > feel free to gimme pointers on how to make this (particularly colors) more
> > modular...
>
> <code snipped>
>
> One option would be to define a list of colors, then assign a color to,
> say, $REAL_PROMPT_COLOR, or something like.

i was looking for something like

	BLACK_ESC_SEQ=`some-tty-utility-gizmo -fg black`
	CYAN_ESC_SEQ=`some-tty-utility-gizmo -fg cyan`

etc. as opposed to the hard-wired vt100-compatible strings

	\e[43;34;3m

so,

	man -k <what>

?

--
don't visit this page. it's bad for you. take my expert word for it.
http://www.salon.com/people/col/pagl/2001/03/21/spring/index1.html

will@serensoft.com