Re: The Perfect Debian / Personal Computer

Well it really depends what you use it for.

Personally, the best price/performance graphics card for Linux is the Geforce
2 mx from Nvidia - about $160 Australian. You will, however, to get good
performance, have to download and install the drivers yourself, and run
unstable or woody, as they both have XFree86 > 4.0x.

I would say the best sound card out there is the Creative Sound Blaster Live.

In terms of modem I don't know, but you probably want to get an IBM Deskstar
HD as I have heard they kick the competition out of town.

(Well that's what I'm getting when I get some money)

good luck,

Renai