Re: The Perfect Debian / Personal Computer

And if we come to talk about network cards,
avoid like hell the chipset realtek 8139, especially if you have a K7/VIA based motherboard.
avoid like hell DFE-530TX, only if you have a K7/VIA confguration.
I can tell you from experience on 3 <> computers that they either, do not run in a useable way (ie, have to ifup/ifdown every 30 sec when using the network)
or run bad (slowdowns all of a sudden, yet no intervention is required to get them back to work) or fill your kernel logs with tons of messages (netdev watchdog, I didn't try to modify the kernel source =))

Intel / 3Com rules.

--
I'm an occurence of the I love GNU virus.
Please help me spread.