Re: help! can't start X anymore

I don't have a file named X in /etc/X11. I believe that's what it's complainig
about when I do startx. There is a file named X in /usr/bin/X11 but when I do ./X
then I get the same error messages as startx would give me.
I don't have a file named XFree86 in /usr/bin/X11/

Besides there another thing - I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but
it might. When I tried to get the packages from woody I wrote that into my
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb http://security.debian.org unstable/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security unstable/updates main
when I did apt-get update it got me this:

W: Couldn't stat source package list 'http://security.debian.org
unstable/updates/main Packages'
(/var/state/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_unstable_updates_main_binary-i386_Packages)

- stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list 'http://security.debian.org
unstable/updates/contrib Packages'
(/var/state/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_unstable_updates_contrib_binary-i386_Packages)

- stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list 'http://security.debian.org
unstable/updates/non-free Packages'
(/var/state/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_unstable_updates_non-free_binary-i386_Packages)

- stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list 'http://security.debian.org
unstable/updates/main Packages'
(/var/state/apt/lists/security.debian.org_debian-security_dists_unstable_updates_main_binary-i386_Packages)

- stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these missing files
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

I still downloaded the packages!  I'm not sure if I need packages from these
sites, since I didn't couldn't access them. What did I wrong in my
/etc/sources.list ? It did work for potato.
Is this maybe the mistake that I made -  that I need any packages from these
sites ??

TIA
Philipp