Re: How to upgrade to kernel 2.4 and ReiserFS

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 12:33:40PM -0700, Robin Rowe wrote:
> Hi. I have a Potato system that has so many testing and unstable pieces in
> it that I feel I should take the plunge and upgrade to Woody. Am I right
> that ReiserFS and 2.4 are in Woody?

there are 2.4 kernels in unstable not sure about testing.

> If I was just upgrading to Woody I could have apt handle that, but I also
> want to install ReiserFS as the boot file system (instead of ext2 I'm using
> now).

unless you want severe filesystem corruption you should not use
reiserfs.  it is no where near mature yet.

read this list's archives for people who have fell victim to reiser
filesystem corruption.  don't fall into the flawed mindset that
`journaling filesystem == corruption proof'

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/