Re: /etc/hosts.deny

On 08 Apr 2001 14:33:20 -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

> yes he does, portmap in debian uses tcpwrappers without being run from
> inetd (which is impossible for portmap).

Ethan Benson, you're my hero. I've been searching for this info for
hours now. All I need now is that you tell me that this ...

sonic:/etc/init.d# tcpdchk
warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line 14: portmap: service possibly not
wrapped
warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line 15: mountd: no such process name in
/etc/inetd.conf
warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line 16: lockd: no such process name in
/etc/inetd.conf
warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line 17: statd: no such process name in
/etc/inetd.conf
sonic:/etc/init.d#

... is ok. I have those in hosts.allow/deny (there is another mail in
thew current thread that details my setup, if you care), but somehow
wasn't sure if the libwrap stuff really is the way I believed it is

Any comments appreciated

--

I did not vote for the Austrian government