How to upgrade to kernel 2.4 and ReiserFS

Hi. I have a Potato system that has so many testing and unstable pieces in
it that I feel I should take the plunge and upgrade to Woody. Am I right
that ReiserFS and 2.4 are in Woody?

If I was just upgrading to Woody I could have apt handle that, but I also
want to install ReiserFS as the boot file system (instead of ext2 I'm using
now).

I had thought I would boot from Woody floppies, create a new partition, and
start from scratch there. But, I noticed on DebianPlanet and debian-devel a
notice that the Woody boot floppies are broken. Do I understand correctly
that I can't do a basic install of Woody from floppies like I do with
Potato? What do I do about rescue diskettes for if I have a crash?

A precedure I assume would work is to update Potato to Woody then create my
new boot partition. But, I'd rather keep my old Potato partition as is for a
while in case I have trouble with Woody. Further, I'm not clear how I would
then install a new Woody OS to the ReiserFS partition without boot floppies.
Where is the install program that comes up when I boot floppies?

So, please advise me. What's the best approach to install Woody on a
ReiserFS partition and copy the relevant parts of my Potato configuration
there so that I have the same apps and libraries installed/uninstalled? At
the same time I want to avoid dragging in old junk such as XFree86 3.x and
pre-Woody libs.

Thanks!

Robin