Re: Installing Debian

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 09:49:02PM -0700, Aaron wrote:
> hey Dan, thanks for the reply.
>
> I could erase the hard disk and start from scratch, but I don't think having
> something on the hard before doing the install is a problem. If I can't
> eventually figure this out I will erase everything and start over. I had a
> installation of redhat on the machine and I installed debian over top of it.
> I don't know if that is the problem, but if someone does please let me know.

    Did you reformat your partitions during the install? Did you reinstall
LILO during the Debian install?

    If so, I'm not sure about the lilo problem. I'd try reinstalling it, and
reading the docs about why it might not work.

    As for your mouse, I'd use XF86Setup. Use the keyboard to get into the
mouse menu. Use tab to navigate, and choose the correct device (probably
/dev/psaux for a ps/2 mouse). Then use 'P' to navigate the protocols, 'A' to
apply, until you find the right one.

    What kind of mouse do you have?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a