Re: Installing Debian

Aaron,

Hi.  I think this might have to do with the LBA setting (maybe in your
bios) of your hard drive.  See the following article for common
symptoms such as LI (then lockup, rather than LILO then boot).  I know
you get 'LIL' rather than 'LI', but it's probably worth looking into:

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue52/tag/15.html
(non-debian specific, but still probably on target)

Hope this helps and take care,

Daniel