Re: Saving some real radio file

Bob Nielsen wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 07:28:42PM -0700, Eric Richardson wrote:
> >
> > I want to listen to Art Bell and had no luck with getting RA v8 to work
> > on stable. It has bunches of dependencies that don't belong on stable.
> > The v7 installed fine but RA doesn't allow the old versions. There was a
> > posted hack to the installer but beyond my desires for a contrib POS.
> > Control thing I bet.
>
> Get the woody version of the installer, which is for version 8:
>
> ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/contrib/r/realplayer/realplayer_8.0.2_i386.deb

Tried this but it seemed to require a bunch of other packages associated
with xfree86 4.0 and I'm running 3.3.6 so I got scared off.

maxwell:~/deb# dpkg -i realplayer_8.0.2_i386.deb
Selecting previously deselected package realplayer.
(Reading database ... 42095 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking realplayer (from realplayer_8.0.2_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of realplayer:
 realplayer depends on xlibs; however:
  Package xlibs is not installed.
dpkg: error processing realplayer (--install):
 realplayer

maxwell:~/deb# apt-get install xlibs
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package xlibs has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package xlibs has no installation candidate

So I looked at the packages and it is in testing but not stable.

Eric :-)