Re: Saving some real radio file

on Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 07:56:06AM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez (arodriguez@worldnet.att.net) wrote:

> I want to save some real files, but this option is not allowed when you
> run real player, is there any way of doing it? I figure dumping or
> piping it, what would be the way of calling the executable for real
> player from command line?

Not for streaming realaudio files (*.ra).  Most *.ram files *can* be
saved.

There was a utility out a few years back which was supposed to allow
saving a RealAudio stream to disk.  It did this, IIRC, by running
interference between rplayer and your audio device.  Unfortunately, I
could only ever save about ten seconds of audio before it would lock up
or quit.