few questions about .deb

Hello,

I have a few questions about Debian-packages:

- Is there an easy way (not ar+tar) to see what files a package will
  install bevor it is installed? (after install 'dpkg -L' will do it)

- If I build a debian-package for a program that needs p.e.
  /var/log/ppplog. Should '/var/log/ppplog' be included in
  'data.tar.gz' or should I create it in 'postinst' (I need 'postinst'
  in any case to set the rights on '/var/log/ppplog', right?).

	MfG
	bmg

--
"Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!"          | berberic@fmi.uni-passau.de