Alsa

I had an old working RedHat version with also installed. I went to move my changes to /etc/modules.conf over to the new Debian version. I opened up the /etc/modules.conf and it said, "don't edit me", and directed me into other files, upon which I got lost trying to figure it out.

How do I configure Alsa? I know what changes I need, but I don't want to mess with Debian's upgrade process -- it's too good. I installed the driver for my sound card in the kernel successfully.

Shawn Garbett