Re: apt-get update

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 05:06:05AM -0700, eric wrote:
> I use both dselect/apt 's update chooing unstable main  and apt-get
> update , get the same result
> dpkg      there are too many error
>
> then I reboot , grub still show only 2.2.18 kernal, I also almost not
> see any difference from the env before update

This seems a totally different problem, please give much, much more info,
like the error message, and better start a new thread on it.

> how could I update / or upgrade to sid 2.4  kernal ?
>
> highly appreciate your tech help for newcomer

If you're a newcommer to linux/unix in general I urge you to stay away
from sid.  Stick to potato and use the address posted recently to add
potato specific packages to support kernels from the 2.4-series.

--
groetjes, carel