Re: Printer reccommendation

"Roberto Diaz" <rdiazmartin@vivaldi.ddts.net> writes:
> > I've never had problems configuring an HP on Linux, and they're
> > pretty reliable my Epson Stylus 740 prints like crap, and started
> > doing so, right after the warranty ran out, so I'd recommend
> > against Epson (but then that's only one printer, it could have
> > been a fluke), and there's not a whole lot of support for their
> > models.
>
> I completely agree with you.. HP printers are great.. and epson are
> very prone to failures...
>
> I advise to purchase a laser printer for everybody who want a
> printer just to print out documentation hp 1100 is a very nice
> choice for this and if you buy recicled tonners then the ratio price
> per printer page is realy good.
>
> For those who want a color printer.. well I see no point in buy an
> "unexpensive" color printer since their quality is realy bad not to
> mention the ratio price per printer page which makes the investment
> really bad in the middle term.
>
> For printout photographs the best choice is an **expensive** color
> printer..

I disagree with this, and I hear it a lot. I have a HP 932C and yep,
the price per page is bad, especially with the photo-paper it needs to
print decent photos, but then I find myself printing about 5 photo
pages a month. Hardly worth the cost of a color laser-printer with
equivalent quality. In fact, I've had my inkjet about a year now and
have yet to replace an ink cartridge.

I think inkjets fill a valuable niche in the market for a lot of us
small, home-office folks who only need a printer occasionally, but
want decent quality and speed when we do need a printout, and don't
want to fork over a couple thousand $ for a decent color laser
printer.

That's my two cents worth,
Gary