Re: [OT] running a PIII with no fan?

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:

> Still another tack might be to find a very quiet fan.  I don't have
> specifics on any of this, but suspect an isolation mounting system,
> large radius, low speed, and well-engineered bearings, will help

In the current issue of the German computer magazine "c't" there's an
article about a very quiet, actively cooled, computer System from
Peacock.  It's called "Procida Silent PIII-933".  The reason for it's
silentness is that they're using special fans from a company called
"Verax".  I don't have an URL, though.

Perhaps such a fan would be the solution for your problem!

Or--if your problem is running the machine at night--just use my
solution: ear plugs! %-) Unfortunately my fans and drives are really
loud so this is the only way to fall asleep.  After a while one gets
accustomed to this...

Greetings,
Christoph