Re: (OT) - Static electricity grounding device?

A grounding strap just creates a circuit between you and a ground
terminal.  A ground terminal is a relatively infinite pool of electrons.
So, all you should need is a conducting strip going around your wrist
and a bit of copper to run to your pool of electrons and some tape to
hold the strip to the pool.  For low voltage work (like with static
electricity), you should be able to get away with using some local piece
of metal (like the computer case) as your pool.  Just make sure to touch
something to release those bad boys prior to sensitive work.

rick