Re: X Broken After Upgrade

Erik Steffl wrote:

>well, that means that X works perfectly. what you're missing is a
>window manager.

So I am.

>you can do a lot more. for example switch to another console and run
>some X program with -display :0 and switch back to X.

That is so neat!  Thanks for the -display :0 trick.  I can start any
X app that way, and it is really bizarre to run them without a window
manager - but it works.

I was using twm, but somehow the Apt upgrade from Slink to Potato
disabled it.  I will concentrate my efforts on reconfiguring the
window manager.

David