Re: Linux Network Security: POP

    WL> having taken a quick look at my providers homepage (which, i
    WL> admit i should have done first.. but i'm used to ISP pages
    WL> with nothing but marketing talk) i found something on
    WL> pop-ssl. However aparently i need an email client that
    WL> supports it. I use Kmail, but.. it doesnt seem to support
    WL> ssl. Can someone confirm this? If I can't use Kmail for it
    WL> which email client should be well suited? I've tried Elm but I
    WL> found it too hard to use. I've considered using Pine but it
    WL> doesn't seem to be in sid.

You can either use fetchmail with SSL support or use stunnel. With
fetchmail you can fetch your emails via SSL connection. With stunnel
you can create SSL connection between your machine and remote and
forward this connection in decrypted form on local port on your
machine.

--
Ilya Martynov
AGAVA Software Company, http://www.agava.com