Monitoring eth0

Hello everyone !

Yesterday, I had (seemingly) no internet-related process running, but the "network
monitoring Epplet" showed incoming traffic on eth0.

How can I know what process uses eth0 ? Maybe some option of "fuser", but I couldn't find
anything in the manpage (I know how to see which process uses a given port, but nothing
more). What console tool exists to monitor eth0 ? I intend to shut down as many services as
required, X included, until I find which process is using my bandwidth.

My apologies for being so unliterate, but I didn't find much about network activity monitoring in
the doc I read.

TIA,
Romain

Check out the Orange Cat! www.garfield.com