Re: How best to install a TrueType font on Debian?

As the transcript below makes clear, it's in the fttools package. I've also
included package info for fttools. Apparently an old release of the Debian
package is in contrib, but I have the version in main installed, again as the
transcript shows. This is unstable, of course, not stable. (But I think I said
that already.)

Enough mindless chattering. :-)

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@kaplowitz.org

--- Begin Transcript ---

jim@cato:~$ dpkg -S $(which mkttfdir)
fttools: /usr/bin/mkttfdir

jim@cato:~$ dpkg -l fttools
ii  fttools        1.2-8          FreeType font utilities.

jim@cato:~$ apt-cache show fttools
Package: fttools
Section: utils
Installed-Size: 88
Maintainer: ISHIKAWA Mutsumi <ishikawa@linux.or.jp>
Architecture: all
Source: perlftlib
Version: 1.2-8
Replaces: ftinfo, mkttfdir
Depends: perl, libft-perl, libjcode-perl
Conflicts: ftinfo, mkttfdir
Filename: pool/main/p/perlftlib/fttools_1.2-8_all.deb
Size: 9822
MD5sum: 0881dc7cfd85e97ddeb40494b7848547
 mkttfdir utility getnerate font.dir file for TrueType font.
 ftinfo utility report TrueType font info.

Package: fttools
Section: contrib/utils
Installed-Size: 88
Maintainer: ISHIKAWA Mutsumi <ishikawa@linux.or.jp>
Architecture: all
Source: perlftlib
Version: 1.2-4
Replaces: ftinfo, mkttfdir
Depends: perl5, libft-perl, libjcode-perl
Conflicts: ftinfo, mkttfdir
Filename: dists/potato/contrib/binary-all/utils/fttools_1.2-4.deb
Size: 9256
MD5sum: 7c2338c1f9c2ed575d2951cbce2b33fd
 mkttfdir utility getnerate font.dir file for TrueType font.
 ftinfo utility report TrueType font info.

--- End Transcript ---