How best to install a TrueType font on Debian?

Hi everyone. I just downloaded a TrueType font (Lucida Sans Unicode) and am
wondering what's the best way to install that so that everything works in the
Debian fashion. You know, what's the "official Debian" policy-guided (etc.)
way to install a TrueType font? What packages do I need, what commands do I
type, etc.? Also, does anyone offhand know the legal status of the Lucida Sans
Unicode font? I've read conflicting statements on that.

Thanks in advance for your guidance. Please CC me on all replies; I was once
subscribed to the list but unsubscribed due to the extremely high volume.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@kaplowitz.org