Re: How best to install a TrueType font on Debian?

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001 00:13:46 -0500, you wrote:

>I have Xfree86 v4 already; I am running (almost) the latest unstable. Therefore
>I do not use a separate TrueType font server. I guess then I am wondering what
>the best Debian way is to install a new font. There are, if I remember
>correctly, some TrueType-specific steps (something like ttmkfontdir before

Just add the font path to XF86Config-4 (in /etc/X11).  I just made a
directory that matched the others but called ttype.  You need to
create the fonts.dir file and the program you want for this is

ttmkfdir

I had to search the internet for it, and most sites point you at a
german one that doesn't work.  However I eventually got a copy (can't
remember where)

Alan

alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk
http://www.chandler.u-net.com