Re: How best to install a TrueType font on Debian?

I have Xfree86 v4 already; I am running (almost) the latest unstable. Therefore
I do not use a separate TrueType font server. I guess then I am wondering what
the best Debian way is to install a new font. There are, if I remember
correctly, some TrueType-specific steps (something like ttmkfontdir before
mkfontdir?), which is why I asked about TrueType fonts specifically. I am not
that familiar with the whole process, even on other distributions, so please
tell me what to do, for a TrueType font (and, if you wish, also what to do for
any other font).

Thanks again for paying attention to my query.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@kaplowitz.org