Re: etherexpress card and modconf

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 06:17:00PM -0700, John Galt wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Don Seiler wrote:
>
> >hullo.
> >
> >I'm having trouble getting my Intel EtherExpress card online.  Using
> >modconf, when I try at add the "eexpress" module, it first does an
> >autoprobe and returns this:
> >eexpress
> >
> >io = 0x300
> >irq = 0           (IRQ value read from EEPROM)
>
> Impossible.  The irq is between 1 and 15.  IRQ 0 is the CPU.

Sorry John, but IRQ 0 does happen and generally indicates something
not very nice has happened.  I've seen this happen with the POS HP
Pavilion I have here.  It went away when I upgraded to kernel 2.4.2
and enabled PnP in the kernel, so I assume the problem is the PnP
stuff is going wrong during boot.

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.