Re: Use different cache dir for apt-get dist-upgrade

Answer to your posting:
Point the content of /etc/apt/sources to "unstable" or "sid" using http
connection to your nearest debian mirror server.

My recommendation: Do not do this.  No offense, but if you are asking
this kind of question, you should get used to configuring system in
potato/stable than moving to sid/unstable :-)

If you want newer packages, woody/testing may be more for you and me.
And if you need something newer with REASONS, then obtain those packages
as source packages from sid and compile locally for local system.  This
is the way to be in bleeding edge.  If you think this is too much,
better not to waist your time with sid .  Just keep installing sid will
create very unstable situation especially if this is not a spare toy
machine.

I see similar posing and concerned. \^o^/~~~

Have you done Samoa, NSF, local DNS cash server, ipmasq, mail server,
CVS system, local httpd, ftpd, configuring for firewall....  Many things
to do...

IMHO, Just using most recent package is not upgrade but self
destructive.

Good luck and regards,

Osamu

--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +
+   Fingerprint: 814E BD64 3288 40E7 E88E  3D92 C3F8 EA94 D5DE 453D   +