Re: Netscape/WindowMaker annoyance ("XmDisplay")

kmself@ix.netcom.com <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> on Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 02:55:05PM +0100, Morten Bo Johansen (mbj@spamfilter.dk)

> > kmself@ix.netcom.com <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> > > How did you create the icon and what are its settings?  Are you
> > > running the Netscape binary directly, or the shell wrapper
> > > that's required to configure environments for it before launch?

> > The icon is /usr/share/WindowMaker/Icons/Netscape.png, one of
> > the stock wmaker icons. I have this on my dock.
>
> And just what do you think an image file has to do with running an
> application?

Sorry, the mentioning of the clicking of the icon is surely
irrelevant - I really just meant to say that netscape won't
start. Of course the icon *is* associated with the command
netscape (I have used wmaker for 3 years).

It slipped in I guess because it could be assumed the problem
lies in an interaction between netscape and wmaker - but hey
let's forget about the damn icon ;-)

> What happens when you launch Netscape from the command line?

Same thing - but it only happens occasionally and the annoying
thing is that apparently there is no proces to kill to fix the
problem. Thought maybe someone had had this experience and
could shed some light..

Regards,

Morten

--
New Yorker cartoon caption: "You have the right to remain silent. Anything
you say may be used against you in a court of law, newspapers, periodicals,