Re: Netscape/WindowMaker annoyance ("XmDisplay")

on Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 02:55:05PM +0100, Morten Bo Johansen (mbj@spamfilter.dk) wrote:

> kmself@ix.netcom.com <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> > on Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 10:11:56PM +0100, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
>
> > > I am using Netscape 4.76 with WindowMaker 0.64.0 on a potato
> > > system, the latter being compiled from the sources in unstable.
> > > Occasionally Netscape won't start when I click on its icon --
> > > from the error messages that are output to one of the consoles
> > > I can see this:
> > >       Class: XmDisplay _MOTIF_DRAG_WINDOW has been destroyed
>
> > How did you create the icon and what are its settings?  Are you
> > running the Netscape binary directly, or the shell wrapper
> > that's required to configure environments for it before launch?
>

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> The icon is /usr/share/WindowMaker/Icons/Netscape.png, one of
> the stock wmaker icons. I have this on my dock.

And just what do you think an image file has to do with running an
application?

Then again, Click and Clack do usually ask for the color of the car....

Look under ~/GNUStep/Defaults/WMState.  In mine, the associated Dock
icon properties I have listed are:

      {
        Command = netscape;
        Name = "navigator-smotif_real.Netscape";
        AutoLaunch = No;
        Lock = Yes;
        Forced = No;
        BuggyApplication = No;
        Position = "0,9";
        DropCommand = "netscape %d";
      },

Note in particular the 'Command' setting.

What happens when you launch Netscape from the command line?