Re: Netscape/WindowMaker annoyance ("XmDisplay")

kmself@ix.netcom.com <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> on Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 10:11:56PM +0100, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:

> > I am using Netscape 4.76 with WindowMaker 0.64.0 on a potato
> > system, the latter being compiled from the sources in unstable.
> > Occasionally Netscape won't start when I click on its icon --
> > from the error messages that are output to one of the consoles
> > I can see this:
> >       Class: XmDisplay _MOTIF_DRAG_WINDOW has been destroyed

> How did you create the icon and what are its settings?  Are you
> running the Netscape binary directly, or the shell wrapper
> that's required to configure environments for it before launch?

Thanks for your reply.

The icon is /usr/share/WindowMaker/Icons/Netscape.png, one of
the stock wmaker icons. I have this on my dock.

I am running the netscape binary directly as netscape is simply
installed with the script found in the package from

ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator/english/4.76/unix/supported/linux22/navigator_standalone

but I have set the environment variable

    export MOZILLA_HOME=/opt/netscape

in my .xinitrc so plugins work etc.

Should I need to set any other variables..?

Thanks,

Morten

PS: I found the Debian way of installing Netscape rather
confusing so I chose this way.

--
"Either we live by accident and die by accident, or we live by plan and
 die by plan."                                        (Thornton Wilder)