Re: Email client and conversion from Netscape Mail on win32

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 12:48:46PM -0800, MikeF wrote:
> Back to mutt and friends:
> Are there any utilities that will scan a mbox and delete messages older than
> a relative date in the past?  Say, 30, 14 or 7 days?  Maybe it can move them
> over to another mbox hierarchy for archive...  Any ideas?

Add something like this to your .muttrc:

folder-hook =debian-.*$ 'push T~r>1m!~F\n\;'     # 1 month

Whenever you enter a folder named =debian-* it tags messages older than
1 month.  You can then delete them at your leisure.

One thing to keep in mind about mutt: Mutt is so configurable that there
is probably a way to do some every strange and twisted thing you can
think of, you just have to think of how to do it.

Personally, I just have a cron job that automatically archives certain
mailboxes every month (similar to logrotate).

Peter
--
Peter D. Kovacs <peter@kovax.org>
Software Developer