Re: rc.local equivalent

as far as i know there isn't one.  make your own script in /etc/init.d
and link to it in the runlevels that you want /etc/rc2.d is the default
runlevels init scripts.

personally, i like this method better, as you can just remove symlinks to
stop them from starting up, but don't have to delete the init script
itself.

--
Forrest English
http://truffula.net