Re: Mirroring only potato/woody but not sid?

On Saturday 03 March 2001 01:22, Tibor D. wrote:
> Lars Knudsen wrote:
> > Have you tried adding
> >
> > sid/
> >
> > to your exclude file ? I am mirroring the i386 part of the debian
> > tree in a single rsync run using a relatively long exclude file.
> > This seems perfectly possible on a 64k link.
> >
> > Happy hacking,
> >
> > \Gandalf
>
> Hmm.. sorry, that won't help me, since the deb-packages are all
> mixed up in the .../pool/... directory, in the ../sid/.., there are
> only the Packages files. There isn't any tool that greps the
> Packages-files and defines, which files belong to which distro, and
> will only mirror these, is there?
> What a pity.

Sorry I didn't catch the start of the thread. But just one curious
question. Why do you need to mirror the entire i386 directory? Why
not just download the files you need to install?

My bogus mirror, for instance, contains only .debs which are
installed or have been installed (some purged) in my system. The
basic trick is to setup the Packages file internally such that
apt-get points to a local file.

Stage one then would be to sync your internal Packages files with
those in http.us.debian.org (or whatever site you apt from).

Stage two would be to apt-get. You then get the following output.
Note that the .deb in question is not found. You then download the
file mentioned in the error message, after passing it through a text
processor or editor.

Not quite automatic as a simple rsync. But it works for me.

debian:/mirror# apt-get install icewm-gnome
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  icewm-gnome
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not
upgraded.
Need to get 0B/319kB of archives. After unpacking 1018kB will be used.
Err file: woody/main icewm-gnome 1.0.1-1
  File not found
Failed to fetch
file:/mirror/http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/binary-i386/x11/icewm-gnome_1.0.1-1.deb
  File not found
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe try with --fix-missing?