Re: Printer recommendations

On Monday 26 February 2001 19:36, Sean wrote:
> I would second the choice for a laser printer ... I believe they are
> often of better construction than inkjets, and the cost per page is
> significatnly less. Not to mention the benefit of not having all your
> printed type simply disappear into a blurry mess if the paper happens
> to get wet.

Same here.  A couple of years ago we bought an HP 680C inkjet so my
wife to print color graphics.   About a year ago I bought an HP 6L
laser for grad school research papers.  This year my wife used her
Christmas money to buy another 6L and lugged the inkjet to the upstairs
closet.  She decided on her own that crisp monochrome was better than
smudged color.  And the cost per page is roughly an order of magnitude
better.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.