Re: Rebooting is foolish ....

SamBozo Debian User wrote:

> Hello to the group,
>         Recently there were comments made as to the "foolishness" of rebooting
> just to reset an edited config file. How about a list of the cli entrys

try avoid rebooting whenever possible. i had a bad experience with
rebooting
not too long ago. a sun ultra 10..up for about 130 days..shut it down to
move a UPS, it never came back up. spent the next 15-20 hours rebuilding
it.

fucking seagate hd. fucking sun!# argh.

lesson learned: in 5 years seagate still doesn't make hard disks that
are
worth a shit.(that was the last time i risked using them) in another
system with seagate cheetahs on raid5, we had a drive die within a week
of the system going into production. quite sad.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336