Re: LILO Problem

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 07:55:56AM -0800, Dale Morris wrote:
Hi Dale... I forgot to ask how many drives are in your machine?

>       Partition check:
>        hdc: hdc1 hdc2 < hdc5 hdc6 > hdc3 hdc4

This it the only drive the kernel finds when booting?  Seems like it.  The
kernel should report all IDE devices (hard/CD drives, tape drives, etc.) it
finds.  From the looks of it, you have only one hard drive which set to be
master and plugged into the secondary controller.  Does your BIOS agree with
this?  You need at least one drive which is master on the primary controller.
Your BIOS might allow you to boot from any drive or auto-detect any single
drive and say "Guess I'll use this".  I don't know.

So before you go any further...how many drive does your machine have?  If just
this one, where does your BIOS say it is.  DON'T move the drive around yet!
If your /etc/fstab isn't right, you won't be able to reboot!

               bob
--
bob billson          email: reb@theshed.dhs.org        ham: kc2wz
                            bob@goleader.com           Linux geek    /)