Re: LILO Problem

To quote Dale Morris <dlm@well.com>,
# I'm having a problem with LILO. I have windows installed in the first
# partition on my hd but somehow have wiped out the mbr. I've also tried
# compile the new 2.4 kernel, but am getting the following error:
# cat bzImage > /vmlinuz
# cp /usr/src/linux/System.map /
# if [ -x /sbin/lilo ]; then /sbin/lilo; else /etc/lilo/install; fi
# Fatal: open /dev/hda1: Device not configured
# make[1]: *** [zlilo] Error 1
# make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot'
# make: *** [bzlilo] Error 2
#
# I've read the man page, but still am not having any luck. Thanks in
advance.

For some reason, lilo is looking in /dev/hda1 for something. My bet
would be your lilo.conf has an "other = /dev/hda1" line, and it can't
use it any more for some reason. However, since you lilo.conf attachment
didn't make it through, there's very little anyone can do :(

Dave

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)