Re: PS Help ISP/Fetchmail

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:05:40 +0100
Jonathan Gift <jgift@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 01:31:40PM -0200, Christoph Simon wrote:
> >
> > Try running fetchmail manually with -vv, sometimes you can see
>
> Added to the command line at the end?

yes. ("man fetchmail" could explain it better).

> Not that. I want it working and at 200 msgs for Debian, this will add
> time. Plus I hate it when things don't work...

Well I've observed that every once in a while there seems to be a
particular message confusing fetchmail; getting rid of it solves the
problem until next time which may take months. The day I can't live
with it, I'll dive into it, for now I have more urgent things to do.

> Is there a ppp log somewhere? I've looked but not found. Just the
> regular logs.

ppp does log if you ask it to do so, but here you probably want
fetchmail to be verbose and eventually redirect the -vv output to a
file for slower reading.

--
Christoph Simon
ciccio@prestonet.com.br