Re: PS Help ISP/Fetchmail

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 01:31:40PM -0200, Christoph Simon wrote:

> Try running fetchmail manually with -vv, sometimes you can see

Added to the command line at the end?

> interesting things. What did help me too was using "-B 1", limiting
> the download to the very first. If this works, you can repeat it
> until everything is retrieved. Maybe it continues working then.

Not that. I want it working and at 200 msgs for Debian, this will add
time. Plus I hate it when things don't work...

Is there a ppp log somewhere? I've looked but not found. Just the
regular logs.

I've got a little more info so include it. Thanks for the help.

Jonathan

______________Using Fetchmail----------

Netscape and the web all works ok. Sending mail works ok as well.

I. I type pon.
2. Once logged in, I type fetchmail

Attempt 1:
reading message 1 of 4.. flushed
fetchmail: socket eror while fetching from pop.wanadoo.fr
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)

Attempt 2:
It hangs after I type fetchmail.

Attempt 3:
fetchmail: unknown login or authentication error on jgift@pop.wanadoo.fr
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from pop.wanadoo.fr
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)

Attempt 4:
It gets the now 7 messages without trouble.

--

	    "Hey, I think I finally got the hang of i-"