Re: PS Help ISP/Fetchmail

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000 16:19:47 +0100
Jonathan Gift <jgift@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> PS
> Note, pon will log me in. I will get a display that there are four
> messages at pop.wanadoo.fr.
>
> Then:
> reading message 1 of 4.. flushed
> fetchmail: socket eror while fetching from pop.wanadoo.fr
> fetchmail: QUeru status=2 (SOCKET)
>

> This or it hands without any message.
> Netscape and the web all works ok. Sending mail works ok as well.
> Any ideas?

Try running fetchmail manually with -vv, sometimes you can see
interesting things. What did help me too was using "-B 1", limiting
the download to the very first. If this works, you can repeat it
until everything is retrieved. Maybe it continues working then.

HTH

--
Christoph Simon
ciccio@prestonet.com.br