Re: Debian 2.2: download stops during "apt-get update"

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 10:56:35PM -0700, Jeff Kelm wrote:
> I still haven't been able to get 2.2 to network properly.  A suggestion
> was a possible hardware problem.  I don't see how this would explain
> the problem.  If I boot off the harddrive with Debian 1.3, everything
> works fine.  Booting off the harddrive with Debian 2.2 and the problem
> shows up.  No hardware changes.  Also, when the download hangs, I can
> still access the Internet (ping, ftp, etc.).

What happens if you do a flood ping? (assuming this is between 2 local
machines). Normally, you should see a dot flashing on lhs of screen,
with a dot drawn for each error. Perhaps you get no errors for a while
and then the card falls over giving you lines and lines of dots?

Regards,
Mark.