Re: The Debian way (kernel)

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 08:58:35AM -0700, Gary Hennigan wrote:

> As to your question, what you're looking for is the kernel-package
> package. So
>         apt-get install kernel-package
>         cd /usr/share/doc/kernel-package
>         zcat README.gz|less

I've compiled my default kernel numerous times and am quite comfortable
doing it now. Upgrading to the current 2.2.18 would mean applying just
one patch? And would that patch be on the potato ftp? And... would I use
xconfif after???

Thanks, the docs I can get to. Just need a pointer.

Jonathan

--

	    "Hey, I think I finally got the hang of i-"