Loopback encrypted filesystem, anyone?

I've looked at the archives but haven't found much helpful on this.
Have other people had success at creating loopback encrypted
filesystems?

The international kernel patch includes how-to pages, but I don't seem
to be following the instructions. In particular, I'm not sure what
patch to use on the util-linux source. Does the patch from
ftp.kerneli.org work? (I can't seem to get it to work.) Or does it need
a debianized patch? (And if so, where do I find it?)

--
Lance Simmons