Re: Loopback encrypted filesystem, anyone?

Quoth Lance Simmons,
> I've looked at the archives but haven't found much helpful on this.
> Have other people had success at creating loopback encrypted
> filesystems?

If you don't want to mess around with patching kernels (and a few
userland apps, from memory), a good alternative is cfs, the
Cryptographic File System. It's packaged for debian, in non-us, and is
easy to set up and use.

About the only problem with it compared to an encrypted loopback volume,
is that you can see how many encrypted files and directories there is,
although the filenames are scramblmed, without encrypting it.

cheers

d.

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,