executable compatible with Debian and Redhat?

This is the first horrible thing I can think of: code compiled on
Debian does not run on Redhat! Several programs I compiled on the
Debian run fine on Debian, but when I installed Redhat and tried to
run those programs, say in bash you type "./pgp", then the error
message is:

bash: ./pgp: No such file or directory

I used this command: "sh pgp" and then the error message is:

cannot execute binary file

I downloaded the binary geomview package from www.geomview.org. It
runs fine on Debian, but it has the several problem as above.

My redhat is 7.0. What is happening here? Does anyone have similar
experience?

Jinsong