Re: where's plperl?

will trillich wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 06:45:39PM +0100, Bruno Boettcher wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 12:07:27PM -0500, JoshNarins@aol.com wrote:
> > >
> > > The perl way to communicate to a database
> > > is called the DBI(db interface) module,
> > > available at your nearest CPAN mirror.
> > yeah, that's if you want to write a perl-script that addresses a DB...
> >
> > > DBI is a very popular module.
> > i bet :D
> >
> > but what i am searching for is a sort of embedded perl into postgres...
> >
> > i want to be able to write functions and triggers in perl, instead of
> > SQL or pl-pgl ....
> >
> > and in the postgres docu, there's reference that it is possible to use
> > perl inside of SQL requests, through a lib called plperl.so ....
>
> kinda like mod_perl is encased within the apache http server?
>
> boy have you got MY attention. if you ever find any info on
> this, please let the rest of us know so we can juice up our
> databases! boy would this be cool...!!
This site has the .rpm files.

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/contrib/libc6/i386/postgresql-plperl-7.0-3.i386.html
--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173