[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: where's plperl?

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 12:07:27PM -0500, JoshNarins@aol.com wrote:
> The perl way to communicate to a database
> is called the DBI(db interface) module,
> available at your nearest CPAN mirror.
yeah, that's if you want to write a perl-script that addresses a DB...

> DBI is a very popular module.
i bet :D

but what i am searching for is a sort of embedded perl into postgres...

i want to be able to write functions and triggers in perl, instead of
SQL or pl-pgl ....

and in the postgres docu, there's reference that it is possible to use
perl inside of SQL requests, through a lib called plperl.so ....

ciao bboett
http://inforezo.u-strasbg.fr/~bboett http://erm1.u-strasbg.fr/~bboett
the total amount of intelligence on earth is constant.
human population is growing....

Reply to: