Re: where's plperl?

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 06:45:39PM +0100, Bruno Boettcher wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 12:07:27PM -0500, JoshNarins@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > The perl way to communicate to a database
> > is called the DBI(db interface) module,
> > available at your nearest CPAN mirror.
> yeah, that's if you want to write a perl-script that addresses a DB...
>
> > DBI is a very popular module.
> i bet :D
>
> but what i am searching for is a sort of embedded perl into postgres...
>
> i want to be able to write functions and triggers in perl, instead of
> SQL or pl-pgl ....
>
> and in the postgres docu, there's reference that it is possible to use
> perl inside of SQL requests, through a lib called plperl.so ....

kinda like mod_perl is encased within the apache http server?

boy have you got MY attention. if you ever find any info on
this, please let the rest of us know so we can juice up our
databases! boy would this be cool...!!

--

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc