Re: 2.2.17 kernel and pppoe?

Hi,

I had a similar, but reversed problem with kernel 2.2.16

The connection would randomly die (some times taking the whole machine
with it) but it would *always* drop connection on uploads >10k

I vaugly recall seeing a bug posting about the kernel module for my
ethernet card (one tulip one eepro forget which the bug was
against)...

In any event, I recently built a 2.4.0-test10 kernel and my troubles
(with DSL) are pretty much over, although there's alot of kernel
issues I've yet to work out, not sure howmuch is me on a new kernel
version and howmuch is just buggy. I've lost sound and masquerading
*the later because I need to learn the new netfilter stuff)

well that's my brain dump on the subject

HTH,
Jon