Re: VPN client software for Linux

If you have a static IP it is possible. Checkpoint has directions on what you have to do on the Checkpoint firewall and on the linux server. You should be able to find it on their public part of their knowledge base.

It treats the Linux box as a remote firewall. So it is very different from secure remote.  It is more like setting a VPN tunnel between a Cisco PIX box and a checkpoint box.

Also by Secure Remote is often deployed using the FWZ algorithm which is only used by checkpoint, so freeswan won't work with that.