Re: I want out!

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 08:03:12AM -0800, Eric G . Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 06:26:43AM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 10:13:46AM -0500, Ken Januski wrote:
> >
> > > I see both sides of this issue. I still haven't configured email on debian
> > > so get my mail via Windows so a more Windows friendly method of
> > > unsubscribing would be useful to me (if I ever decide to unsubscribe) and
> >
> > how about an unsubscribe worm.
>
> Ha! After that Navidad debacle...

well of course, an unsubscribe worm would help prevent future
occurances of things like the navidad debacle, since the unsubscribe
worm would cause outlook to send the proper unsubscribe message to the
address below nobody else, including the virus scanners would see it.
the unsub worm would also take care of removing all outlook users from
the list who have not made their systems at least a tiny bit resistent
to such things.  that way when the next real OTD comes out any
remaining outlook users would probably not get infected.

;-)